Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kicking off the Blog

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, introducing.... Dave Holzer's first blog posting.

I'm generally an early adopter of technology (free technology at least - my budget doesn't allow for adopting expensive technologies) but I've held off for a long time on blogging, twitter and a few other aspects of social networking. I had to cave in some time and, with a new job and a new location, now seemed like as good a time as any.

So what's the point of this blog anyway?

Well, I don't presume to assume that anyone actually cares what I'm doing or what I have to say but, with any luck, my children will someday get to look back at this and get a better understanding of the person I am/was. In the event that I take some major hit to the head (sometimes a monthly occurrence) and loose my memory (that hasn't happened yet that I remember) I can take a quick read through this as well to find out who I am.

Many of the posts will just be quick snippets or observations (twitter style) and few will likely be very serious because I do tend to find myself amusing and enjoy inflicting my wit (or lack thereof) upon others.

Gentlemen, start your engines. Ladies, start your gentlemen. Let the blogging begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment