Monday, June 22, 2009

Will it stop raining so that I can ride?

Odd - I'm pretty sure I just moved to the desert and yet its been raining daily for two weeks. I'd REALLY like it to dry out for a while so that I have a good chance to go ride my motorcycle and mountain bike. I still need to find good places to ride each but I have a Spaceballs derived plan for that: COMB THE DESERT!
Apparently, there are some good mountain bike trails north of town so when I'm physically fit enough to ride up a hill, I should have a good time of it. Some co-workers have recommended Huntington Canyon as a good place to find twisty mountain roads fit for a motorcycle so I'll have to give that a try. Two guys at work ride Harley 883 Sportsters so I suppose I can put aside my "Hardley" prejudice and hit them up about a ride or two.
Next week, we're making a trip to Boise to grab the last of our stuff along with my truck and dirt bike so there will be one more two wheeled grin maker that needs put to use. One thing Price is NOT short of though is DIRT and HILLS for doing some trail riding, hill climbing, jumping, etc. I can pretty much just ride across the street for some dirt bike action but the hospital is across town so I'll have to take it easy for a while since I haven't done a dirt ride since late last fall (and I crashed pretty sweet then).

No comments:

Post a Comment